1. Coffee & Books. Find a local bookstore and pick out a book for each other. Then go grab your favorite coffee and enjoy a quiet evening reading together.
2. Try a subscription cooking kit. Order from Plated or Hello, Fresh and make a meal you have never made together before. Pour some wine or beer, put on some good music and enjoy being in the kitchen together.
3. Game night. Find a game you haven’t played before and learn it together. Grab some popcorn and candy to go with it. You can find some of our favorite two player games here.
4. Picnic on the porch. String up some lights, grab a blanket, a bottle of wine, and some delicious sandwiches from the deli. Enjoy a picnic in your backyard or on the porch! I know that it isn’t always possible to get out of the house for date night, so why not put the kids to bed and stay in for a date?
5. Iron Chef. Assign someone to dinner and someone to dessert. Pick our the ingredients for the other person and see what dish they can create!
6. Go outside & talk. Do a short hike, go to the beach, walk around your neighborhood. Sunshine and blue skies are good for everyones mood, take your partner and get some fresh air together, talk about the future, your dreams, hopes, wishes and everything in between. This doesn’t sound like much of a date, but when is the last time you were able to enjoy the sunshine and just chat about life? Communication is so important for a healthy marriage!
7. Find a new town. There are so many small towns near us that we have never explored, pick one on a map and make a day or night of it! Who knows you may find your next favorite new restaurant.
8. Food tour. Are there places locally you have always wanted to try? Pick a few and go get something small at each place, then compare and see who liked what places best!
9. Brewery tour. Around here there are so many new brewery’s popping up. Some are small and have strange hours and others are always packed. Why not go out and try a new one?
10. Go to a local minor league baseball game. With Spring in the air it is the perfect time to get outside. Find a local game, grab some hot dogs and cold soda (or seltzer!) and enjoy a night at the ballpark.
What are your favorite things to do for date night?