I saw this posted by two of my favorite bloggers and decide to give it a whirl! You can find it here from Samantha and here from Kallie, 50 questions you should ask and answer.
1. What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called? Everyone calls me Jenn and my mom calls me Jenna.
2. What books on your shelf are begging to be read? I am currently reading Chasing Slow, but there is a pile waiting to be read that includes Talking as Fast as I Can, Me After You and a few business/personal growth books!
3. How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like? I tend to only doodle when I am in a meeting, on the phone with someone or sitting in a seminar. I mostly just doodle shapes and lines, sometimes favorite quotes.
4. What do you do if you can’t sleep at night? I’ll toss and turn for awhile before finally admitting I can’t sleep. Before getting up I try switching my head down to the other end, if that doesn’t work (it usually does!) I will get up and read for a bit and make some tea.
5. How many days could you last in solitary confinement? How would you do it? It would depend on the circumstance, if I had some books and crafts to do I could probably last 2 days, if it was just pure silence and nothing else to do, maybe a few hours.
6. Do you save old greeting cards and letters? Throw them away? I saved all of our wedding cards and I save some of my favorites from my parents and Aaron, but the rest tend to get trashed. I hate clutter!
7. Who is the biggest pack rat you know? I’m not sure, Aaron definitely likes small trinkets and things, but his older brother is definitely more of a “collector” not so much a pack rat.
8. When making an entrance into a party, do you make your presence known? Do you slip in and look for someone you know? Do you sneak in quietly and find a safe spot to roost? I usually go find the host to say hello and then grab a drink and find someone I know to talk to!
9. What is your strongest sense? If you had to give one up, which would it be? My strongest sense currently is my sense of smell (hello, heightened pregnancy sense!). I don’t think I can pick one to give up!
10. How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror? Probably whenever I pass one.
11. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child? Probably that adults had it all figured out and life became easier as an adult, now I just laugh at that thought.
12. What is one guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up? coffee and shopping
13. Who performs the most random acts of kindness out of everyone you know? Hmm I have too many really sweet friends to choose from!
14. How often do you read the newspaper? Which paper? Which sections? We don’t get newspapers to our house, but I do try to read local and national news in the morning before work on my computer and/or phone. I do love reading the paper though when I have the chance!
15. Which animals scare you most? Why? A tie between spiders and snakes. Or really any kind of bug, lets be real.
16. Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage it head-on? It depends if it will make the situation better or worse, I use to be very passive but as I have gotten older I will confront the situation if it will make it better.
17. What was the most recent compliment you’ve received and savored? It still makes me feel good when my parents tell me they are proud of me or Aaron gives me a compliment.
18. What is something about yourself that you hope will change, but probably never will? Biting my nails and I constantly worry about EVERYTHING.
19. Are you a creature of habit? Explain. Yes and no. I like to know what is going on and I am defiantly a planner, but I also like surprise and spontaneity. Every day has a schedule, but I am open to things changing here and there.
20. Are you high maintenance? Explain. This is a hard one to answer about yourself, so when I asked Aaron he said: “nope”, he did say sometimes I like to make a fuss about things but that I don’t really care.
21. When was the last time you really pushed yourself to your physical limits? OMG when we moved. I lifted and moved more things than I ever thought I could.
22. Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few very close friends? Why? Very few close friends.
23. Are you more inclined to “build your own empire” or unleash the potential of others? Both!
24. What’s a strange occurrence you’ve experienced but have never (or rarely) shared with anyone? Hmmm not sure about this one.
25. What do you think about more than anything else? Everything? My brain is always 1000 percent turned on.
26. What’s something that amazes you? Karma and how things just always tend to work themselves out, even if it isn’t how you planned it to be.
27. Do you prefer that people shoot straight with you or temper their words? Why? Straight, no BS.
28. Where’s your favorite place to take an out-of-town guest? Probably downtown Portsmouth, dinner near the water at a favorite restaurant!
29. What’s one thing you’d rather pay someone to do than do yourself? Take my car in for work, I HATE having to take it in to get work done.
30. Do you have a catchphrase? I can’t think of one.
31. What’s your reaction towards people who are outspoken about their beliefs? What conditions cause you to dislike or, conversely, enjoy talking with them? Everyone can have their own opinion and has the right to voice that opinion. What isn’t okay is attacking someone else’s opinion or becoming violent when their opinion doesn’t match your own.
32. How and where do you prefer to study? Early morning with coffee! I am much more productive in the morning.
33. What position do you sleep in? On my side or on my back.
34. What’s your all-time favorite town or city? Why? New York City.
35. What are the top three qualities that draw you to someone new? Kindness, open-minded and friendly.
36. How has your birth order/characteristics of siblings affected you? I am the youngest and I feel like the characteristics typical for birth order were switched when it comes to me and my sister.
37. If you could eliminate one weakness or limitation in your life, what would it be? I wish I didn’t worry about every detail of everything always. Being able to turn my brain off for a bit would be nice!
38. If you could restore one broken relationship, which would it be? I can’t think of one. I definitely believe some people come into our life to stay and others come in to teach us something and then leave.
39. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? I like my name 🙂
40. Do you believe ignorance is bliss? Why or why not? I like knowing, at least I can know first and then pretend to be blissfully ignorant.
41. What do you consider unforgivable? I can’t think of one without some kind of context, every situation depends on the context.
42. Have you forgiven yourself for past personal failures? Why or why not? yes, live and learn.
43. How difficult is it for you to forgive someone who refuses to apologize? If they aren’t willing to apologize for something they did, forgiveness can be hard!
44. Do you hold any convictions that you would be willing to die for? Nothing I can think of, but again until it happens, you never know.
45. To what extent do you trust people? Explain. I’m optimistic about people, I think trust is earned, but I also believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt.
46. In what area of your life are you immature? I have a hard time letting go of things.
47. What was the best news you ever received? Hmm there have been so many good things, finding out I passed my Board Exams or finding out that we were expecting a little one!
48. How difficult is it for you to be honest, even when your words may be hurtful or unpopular? I don’t find it that difficult to be honest, honesty will get you so much further in life then lying and/or being passive.
49. When did you immediately click with someone you just met? Why? What was the long term result? Conversely, are you close with anyone now that you really disliked at first? Any time I can get past small talk with someone and have deeper conversation, I tend to click with them. I hate small talk and I am not good at it. I can’t think of anyone that I didn’t like at first that I am close with now.
50. When do you find yourself singing? In the car.
If you made it until the end, hooray! Leave a comment with your blog so I can leave some <3