1. I loved that Gilmore Girls came back, sure it wasn’t the same, but it was still so good. Team Logan forever.
2. I learned that people come into your life sometimes forever and sometimes temporarily and it is okay to let people go. It is okay to say bye to the people in your life that drain you and take your spirit.
3. I loved all the weddings this year! So much love and so much happiness. Looking forward to all the ones in 2017.
4 I learned work isn’t everything. I hustled this year to grow my blog and my photography, on top of working my full time job. It was exhausting and rewarding, but certainly isn’t everything.
5. I loved taking so many photos this year. I loved growing my knowledge and getting better at chasing that golden light. I cannot wait to expand on this in 2017.
6. I learned that saying no is okay. Making yourself a priority is okay. You deserve time to relax, to be creative, to do things you love, and if that means saying no sometimes, then do it.
7. I loved all of the people I had the chance to connect with this year through blogging, all the collaborations I had the opportunity to be a part of, and all the growth this little space of mine saw this year.
8. I learned that you have to carve out time for things you love or you will always find a way to keep your self busy and those things will just sit on the sidelines. Reading was one of those things this year, I craved it and wanted it but didn’t make time for it. More reading in 2017!
9. I loved that I FINALLY found something that cleared up my skin and is safe and non-toxic. I also loved joining a team that is so passionate about the products as I am.
10. I learned that what you put out in the world, will come back to you in some way. So always always be the best version of yourself and always put out love and kindness.
11. I loved Instagram this year. By far my favorite social media platform. Come find me @Jenniferblake13
12. I learned that our country isn’t as united as I thought. That politics can destroy people. I would be lying if I didn’t say that I fear for our country in the New Year.
13. I loved adventuring to Colorado and NYC. Cheers, to more adventure in 2016.
14. I learned that in relationships it is all about compromise and communication. It was a good year for us and I know the New Year will hold so many new memories and will be full of ups and downs.
15. I loved all the game nights with friends.
16. I learned that 2016 was made of moments, good and bad. But they are just moments, they pass, and they pass fast. So remember if you are going through something hard, it will pass. If you are in the best moment of your life, it will pass. Hold on to those moments, cherish them, because this year flew and the rest are sure to as well. Take the photo. Eat the extra donut. Go on the longer run. Tell the ones you love, how much you love them. Stay up late. Wake up early. Chase your dreams. Be a good person.
Happy New Years, friends. Thank you for coming to this space day after day and reading.
Cheers to 2017! See you in the New Year!