1. Start it with something that makes you happy // For me that would be a giant cup of coffee, specifically (right now) blueberry coffee. Waking up a few minutes earlier to sit and have a coffee before the hustle of Monday starts makes a huge difference for me.
2. Plan the week on Sunday // I like to list everything I need to get done for the week, the plans we have, the bills that need to be paid, the errands that need to run, and anything else I can think of. Having the week planned out (as much as it can be) makes me feel less overwhelmed Monday morning.
3. Make Monday night dinner easy // This could mean leftovers from a big Sunday meal, takeout from your favorite restaurant, or a go to easy meal to make. I find myself pretty tired come Monday night and the last thing that sounds good is cooking a big meal. It normally takes me a day or so to get back into the work routine and not having to think about dinner Monday night makes this transition a little smoother.
4. Monday Playlist // Sometimes music can make a day much better. Jamming out to uplifting music on the way to work or listening to a favorite Podcast can make the morning commute less dreadful.
5. Motivate yourself to get through the day // If I am really in a funk about the weekend being over and tired from too much weekend fun, it can make Monday that much harder to survive. I try to think of something I want to do afterwork, even if it means zoning out in front of the TV for 30 minutes or endlessly scroll Insta at the end of the day. Having something that I look forward to that is just for me can make Monday a little more tolerable to get through!
How do you survive the Monday blues?