Hey guys its Aaron, Jenn’s husband. For a while now Jenn has wanted to do a “Stuff Jenn Says” post from my perspective so that you all can get to know her a little better. This hasn’t happened yet mostly because I drag my feet on pretty much everything but also because I wanted to do something a little more thoughtful and perhaps a little uglier. Relationships are messy, always. What makes a successful relationship is when the mess miraculously organizes itself into something beautiful, think Jackson Pollock. What I want to bring you is the story of the strength of our relationship using some of Jenn’s best conversational gems, the funny and the serious. Alright, so before I get into this I need to say that I wouldn’t change a solitary thing about Jenn. Sure there are certain characteristics that I think she would be happier without, but if I actually changed them there is no guarantee we would be together, you know that whole butterfly effect thing, and that would be a bummer. So here it is, the Jenn only a few of us get to see and all of the crazy that comes along with it. And as a bonus I will include my responses.
“I love Leslie Knope!”
– Really? I think you are more like April. :-p
“I need coffee”
– Or… you could try to sleep more than 5 hours a night.
“Didn’t I ask you to clean up the kitchen and make the bed?”
– Yes and I did. Don’t you see that the dishes are now in the sink and not on the counter, and the sheet may still be bunched up but the comforter is all nice and neat.
“Want to see all of the stuff I bought today!”
– Wait! we have money?
“Gahh! I forgot my camera”
– That’s ok use your phone.
“I can’t the battery is basically dead”
– Maybe you shouldn’t have been on Instagram for the past 3 hours.
“What did you do all day”
– Relaxed and recharged so I don’t burn out by Wednesday. You should try it sometime.
“Today sucked. What if I don’t want to do OT?”
– All you have to do is finish up your clinicals and then you can do anything you want.
“Oh my God this kid was so adorable today!”
– And that is why, even though you can do anything, you will be an OT and a very good one.
“Why do you wake me up every night when you come into bed!”
– Because I can’t sleep without hearing your voice one more time. Even if you do sound like a deranged, rabid version of yourself right now.
“I don’t want to live here. I hate the snow and the cold.”
– Yes I know, but I also know that this is home for you and not just me. You would be sad to leave.
“What if we can’t have kids.”
– I honestly don’t know. All I know is that you will be a wonderful mother, no matter what. That is the only thing you have never changed your mind about since we have been together. We will find a way to make sure you get to be a mommy.
“I just want to take that kid home!”
– And now I’m second guessing what I just said.
“I just want my mom to be happy”
– I know, and you need to realize you already make her happier than anyone else could. She is a grown up and she will be ok. Tell her I say hi when you guys talk tonight….. like you do every night…. seriously every night.
Jenn is special person and I am incredibly fortunate to be able to spend so much time with her. Even if some of that time is spent with a sleep deprived maniac and the only thing keeping her from crying is the fact that I haven’t opened my mouth yet. Our relationship certainly isn’t perfect, but nothing ever is, and I couldn’t be happier.