Today was not a good day. Today I was stuck in my head, I seriously think it is probably the worst place to be. It’s never good for me or anyone else in my direct path when I am stuck in my own head. I get cranky, snappy and easily aggravated. I also cry a lot
for no reason for reasons no one knows because on days I am stuck in my head I refuse to share with anyone what’s in my head. I called my mom and she gave me the pep talk that I absolutely needed to hear. I am my own worst enemy sometimes, I knew I had to snap out of it, but sometimes it is easier said than done, at least for me. Which brings me to this post, I just got off the phone and I felt like writing, so far it seems to be helping.
I thought I would share 5 things that are making me happy right now, maybe it will bring up my mood to think about the positives.
1. Pumpkin spice coffee. Go head gasp and tell me how terrible I am for drinking it in the summer and not waiting until fall. But guys, it was on sale at Target, I just couldn’t pass it up and man is it good.
2. Finishing the running coach certification course. All I have to do is take the test and pass, then get CPR and first aid certified. I am excited to help people with their fitness goals!
3. Online shopping. I can’t afford to shop until I drop, but somehow filling up shopping carts online with all the lovely items I want is just as rewarding at the moment.
4. Fudgesicles. Aaron had a soar throat a few days after his surgery last week from being intubated and so when I went to Target I grabbed some of these hoping they would be easy to eat with his throat being soar. As much as he loves them, I think I love them more. I can’t stop eating them!
5. My parents. They seriously give me the best pep talks when I need them most and as much as I didn’t always want their advice when I was younger, well now I soak it up and love it.
What do you do to get out of your own head?