Hi guys I’m Aaron (Jenn’s Fiancé), Jenn thought it would be fun to have me write a post for the blog, so today you get to hear all about what it’s like to live with Jenn.
1. I need to plan for more time in the morning when we need to go somewhere. I can usually get up and be ready to go in 15-20 minutes. Jenn…well, she takes a little longer. When we first moved in together, and we had plans the next day, she would ask when we need to get up in the morning in order to be there on time. I would estimate based on how much time I needed in the morning, and that didn’t lead to good results (which usually meant a full on sprint to catch our bus home, with 2 bags each, when I thought we would be there 20 mins. early). Lesson learned.
2. During the colder nights I now keep a back up blanket on my side of the bed, and when I forget I am in for a rough night. She hogs the covers, and I don’t mean most of them. Most nights I wake up without so much as a corner of the sheet to keep me warm. AND she insists on having a window open and fan blowing, regardless of season.
3. I have learned to make my own time for reading. One of my favorite things to do is to read quietly together. Jenn reads books at about twice the rate I do, so I always assumed that she spent her free time curled up on the couch with her books. This is not the case, I very rarely ever see her reading in her free time, still she devours books. I have yet to figure out when or where she does this. So if I want quiet reading time, I have to make it happen.
4. I plan around 9:20 PM. Yes, I know this may sound odd, but it is just something I have learned to live with. She calls her mom every night before bed. Usually at or very near 9:20. Every. Single. Night. So, instead of being annoyed that our movie, TV show, or game is being interrupted I just don’t plan to do anything that might run over that time slot. Easy to fix, but it was something to get used to.
5. Lastly, don’t EVER tell Jenn about websites with a live feed of giraffes…You won’t be able to get her attention for a long, long, long time.
It has been just about a year since we moved in together. Over that time I’ve discovered a lot of interesting things about my lovely fiancé. A lot of these things might drive other people crazy, but it’s those quirks and others like them that set her apart from everyone else. They are the reason I love her, the reason why that love has grown over the past year, and the reason it will continue to grow for the remainder of our lives together.
Stay tuned for Jenn’s post tomorrow about what it’s like to live with me!